Tall Talk

Online Community for Tall People - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#151 2005-04-26 05:27:26

"Bad News" Bob
Height: 192.25cm

Re: OBSERVATIONS

LT-1,Apr 25 2005, 08:41 PM wrote:

BNBob, I've been thinking (dangerous).  You're not IGL, your schlong does not hit the water when you do #1, please tell me you're still smart.  If not, I might have to shed a tear. :wacko:
Okay everyone, I am just kidding.  I'm shallow and vacuous in general, but I really am only teasing BNBob.  He da man!   tongue  big_smile  Speaking of shallow and vacuous, has anyone seen BadKarma?  :ph34r:  Is "schlong" officially a word?  LT :-)

#1: The jury is still out on (IGL), but I'm looking for an acquittal. Besides I'm starting to come to terms with the word distinguished.

#2: Well certainly not while I'm standing, make no mistake it's not a trunk. http://www.addis-welt.de/smilie/smilie/tier/tiere037.gif

#3: Modesty prevents me from answering this one. <_<

Now we get to your last question: "Is 'schlong' officially a word?" -> Schlong: 1. A penis which is a fairly good length. 2. Probably derived from the German "schlange" for snake, which pronounced in German must have sounded like "schlong" to native English speakers. 3. slang for penis.

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.

#152 2005-04-26 10:59:24

LT-1
Vertically Gifted
Height: 6'3"
Website

You ARE still smart!  Whew!  I thought I was gonna cry.  lol LT :-)

~It isn't breathing that determines whether you are living or not. - Rev. Sam~

#153 2005-04-27 02:50:58

nurse_marcey
Extremely Tall
Website

I thought I had seen BadNewsBob before.  Now I remember having just looked at his profile picture.  It was at the greenway, and BNB was taking a drink of filthy standing water from a puddle and then went to roll around in an area covered in goose droppings.  Sure, BNB may be IGL, or however you kids say it these days, but his personal hygiene leaves a lot to be desired.  smile

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/nurse_marcey/3.jpg

#154 2005-04-27 03:01:25

Archer
Height: 6' 5"
Website

At least he could clean up. If you're ugly, you can scrub all day long and you'll still be ugly.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/archerev/Links/Stickman2-1.jpg

#155 2005-04-27 03:08:27

nurse_marcey
Extremely Tall
Website

LOL Archer

That reminds me to the Winston Churchill quote: 

Woman:  Sir, you are drunk; very, very drunk.
Winston Churchill:    Madame, you are ugly; very, very ugly, but I shall be sober in the morning.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/nurse_marcey/3.jpg

#156 2005-04-27 04:53:45

BadKarma
Extremely Tall
Height: 6'6"
Website

That's close to an insult I heard a while ago: "I may be fat, but you're ugly, and I can lose weight!" Of course, that doesn't carry the same gravity as an insult from Sir Winston.

I'm so much cooler online.
Brad Paisley

#157 2005-05-07 18:23:47

"Bad News" Bob

Winston was at his best around Lady Astor. One of my favorites is: "Mr. Churchill, if you were my husband; I would poison your tea!" To which he replied: "Lady Astor, were you my wife, I would drink it!"

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.

#158 2005-05-08 10:18:16

Bamboo
Vertically Gifted
Height: 6'7"+/or 2M
Website

thought i'd pass these tidbits along--
hope y'all enjoy them as much as i did!! big_smile

ROMANCE MATHEMATICS
Smart man + smart woman = romance
Smart man + dumb woman = affair
Dumb man + smart woman = marriage
Dumb man + dumb woman = pregnancy

OFFICE ARITHMETIC
Smart boss + smart employee = profit
Smart boss + dumb employee = production
Dumb boss + smart employee = promotion
Dumb boss + dumb employee = overtime

SHOPPING MATH
A man will pay $2 for a $1 item he needs.
A woman will pay $1 for a $2 item that she doesn't need.

GENERAL EQUATIONS & STATISTICS
A woman worries about the future until she gets a husband.
A man never worries about the future until he gets a wife.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend.
A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

HAPPINESS
To be happy with a man, you must understand him a lot and love him a little.
To be happy with a woman, you must love her a lot and not try to understand her at all.

LONGEVITY
Married men live longer than single men do, but married men are a lot more willing to die.

PROPENSITY TO CHANGE
A woman marries a man expecting he will change, but he doesn't.
A man marries a woman expecting that she won't change, and she does.

DISCUSSION TECHNIQUE
A woman has the last word in any argument.
Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

HOW TO STOP PEOPLE FROM BUGGING YOU ABOUT GETTING MARRIED
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and  cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

what are you up to---besides my navel...(quote from a "Tip Topper's Tall Club of Detroit" t-shirt.)

#159 2005-05-08 12:52:19

Archer
Website

Boo,

I enjoyed that. I'd send this to my boss but I don't think he'd "get it."  :unsure:  big_smile

Archer

#160 2011-10-18 03:29:27

"Bad News" Bob

Announcing a game is a lot less frustrating when you don't have a vested interest in one of the two teams playing. This evening I called a high school game; one of the two teams playing was the high school that both my daughters attend. It was a terribly one sided affair and I was glad when it was over. The opposing team was better than our team in every measurable way, including height. They looked like a college team playing a middle school team. The only positive thing that I can say about the match was that it was a non-conference game; that had been rescheduled due to an earlier rain out. Well that and they brought a fairly large crowd so our school made a good chunk of change off the game.

#161 2011-12-07 18:26:23

"Bad News" Bob

It always seems to rain one someone I know dies.

#162 2011-12-12 16:05:22

Sooner
Vertically Gifted
Height: 5'11"
Website

I may have mentioned this before but I use  eye vitamins called "Claroxan", http://www.claroxan.com/, and have use them for 3+ yrs. When I first started I couldn't watch TV without glasses, couldn't drive (especially at night), couldn't find my golf ball!, etc. It is a UK product and basically marketed to the shooter community and supposedly snipers use it. It is expensive but now I don't need glasses to watch TV, drive....anything. I only need magnified glasses to read.

In my estimation it is a great product but my opinion only. Wanted you guys to know about it.

Sooner

#163 2012-02-05 19:43:42

"Bad News" Bob

Have you ever noticed that some songs can be so......"memorable" that you can't get them out of your head. Here are a few that I have used lately to hijack spammer's links.
~
RickRoll
Fire
Soviet's RickRoll
Chicken Dance
Llama Song
The Fast Food Song
Life is Life
~
If you can think of any other songs that fall into this category please let me know.

#164 2012-02-05 20:58:53

Archer
Website

That's pretty cruel, Bob. I just subscribe them to political email lists. Now the spammer gets spammed on a daily basis.

#165 2012-02-05 21:38:26

"Bad News" Bob

Archer wrote:

That's pretty cruel, Bob. I just subscribe them to political email lists. Now the spammer gets spammed on a daily basis.

I had not thought of doing that, but it's a great idea. Now I need to research who the most virulent emailers are, one's that will be sure to sell our spammers email addresses to other emailers of a similar ilk; yet are quick and easy to register with. It's time to start sending presents back to our spammers, after all tis better to give, than receive.

#166 2012-02-21 16:47:22

"Bad News" Bob

A word to the wise: the speed in which a woman says, "Nothing" when asked, "What's wrong?" Is inversely proprortional to the amount of $hit coming your way.

#167 2012-02-21 18:31:21

Sooner
Vertically Gifted
Website

"Bad News" Bob wrote:

A word to the wise: the speed in which a woman says, "Nothing" when asked, "What's wrong?" Is inversely proprortional to the amount of $hit coming your way.

No $hit!

Sooner

#168 2012-03-17 23:23:15

"Bad News" Bob

Stupid never takes a holiday!
-
"I am a medical student currently doing a rotation in toxicology at the poison control centre. Today, this woman called in very upset because she caught her little daughter eating ants. I quickly reassured her that the ants are not harmful and there would be no need to bring her daughter into the hospital. She calmed down, and at the end of the conversation happened to mention that she gave her daughter some ant poison to eat in order to kill the ants."
-
"A friend from West Virginia was shopping at the Wal-Mart in Blacksburg, VA. At the cash register, my friend wrote a check. The clerk asked for her driver's license. She presented her West Virginia driver's license and the clerk grabbed it way from her and scoffed at her "If you're going to use a fake ID, you could at least use a real state!" A manager was required to verify West Virginia's statehood."
-
"A long, long, time ago, when I was 19 or 20, I went to a bar with an older friend. The guy at the door asked for my ID. I gave him my driver's license, which of course had my date of birth printed on it. He looked at it and said "You have to be 21 to get in here". I replied "That ID is a few years old". He looked at it again for a moment, then said "Oh okay" and let me in."

Last edited by "Bad News" Bob (2012-03-17 23:23:40)

#169 2013-02-10 21:51:41

"Bad News" Bob

Watched the NC State Vs Clemson basketball game today. State lead once in the first half when the score was 3 - 2 then Clemson took off on a terror leading by as many as 18. The second half of the game wasn't much better, with State leading briefly 57 - 55, with seven minutes remaing, but again Clemson took the lead by two points, and truthfully, that's the way it looked like it was going to end. State was down by two with one second left in the game; that's when senior forward Scott Wood launched a three pointer from the wing, nothing, but net. My observation is this, even if you play like crap the whole game, if you bang in a Hail Mary to take the lead at the buzzer, the rest just doesn't matter. Go Pack!

#170 2013-09-07 22:59:03

"Bad News" Bob

I wonder how many websites have been destroyed by spammers. Since the first attacks by spammers nearly two years ago, TallTalk has been in a long decline. The attacks got so frequent that TallBoy felt the best course of action was to close the forum to new members in order to stop spammers. Then after several months the forum was once again opened to new members; but it was the spammers who returned and not the much needed new members. Again the forum was closed, because try as we might the moderators were unable to keep up with the in rushing tide of spammers. One last attempt was made back in the spring to open the forum, but the results were the same, fifteen to twenty new spammers per day and no new members. The board was closed for the last time three weeks later, and the effect has been much like removing someone from life-support. Now TallTalk is for all practical purposes dead; but it was a fun ride while it lasted. To all of those who took the time to share your lives with us I would like to say thank you. I hope you got as much out of our interactions as I did. To our administrator TallBoy, I would like to extent to you a very personal thank you for starting TallTalk and keeping it going all these years. To the members I met here, whom I now count among my friends, thank you for continuing to share your life with me.

#171 2013-09-09 22:03:55

Sooner
Vertically Gifted
Website

Second that! Thanks to all it was great and a special thanks to TallBoy.

Sooner

#172 2013-09-10 13:36:44

jheri
Extremely Tall
Height: 190 cm

Another second from me.  There were good and helpful people here and I am lucky to have made a few friends.  It is sad this happens as there are probably others who would have been very good new members, but sometimes it just is too difficult.

thanks again to all!

Board footer