Tall Talk

Online Community for Tall People - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-14 17:01:20

Kofte
Extremely Tall
Height: 6'2''

The bizarre

After another 16 inches of snow I was very happy on a pretty remote xcountry ski trail.  I stopped at a crossroads. The trail to the right was very difficult, dangerous but scenic; to the left less scenic but much easier.  I had coffee in my thermus and was about to take a bite from a pepperoni stick. [ a must to carry in wandering around the mountains.]

I saw a large person skiing towards me.  It was unusual to see anyone way out here.Closer to me I saw it was a woman and I waved to her to warn her of the dangers of the trail ahead.  She was at least my height and out of breath, so she welcomed a chance to stop.  I said hello and offered her some coffee, when I heard another voice, "Thanks but we have some"

The large woman laughed and skiied a bit around to show me her back pack that was really a dwarf woman passenger in what  I guess was a child carrier?  I was floored. 

We shared a laugh and they told me this is how they travel quite often.  They took off on the left trail.  I shook my head swallowed some coffee and skiied off to the right.

#2 2005-03-15 19:27:07

skyhigh
Very Tall
Height: 6'7
Website

Re: The bizarre

Kofte,

is it a true story?  :unsure:

Blessed

#3 2005-03-15 19:33:13

Kofte
Extremely Tall

This is bizarre too.  I just logged in and it seems you just posted this!

Yes, it is bizarre, strange and unexpected but true.

#4 2005-03-15 19:42:37

Sixft9
Extremely Tall
Height: 6'9"
Website

OBSCURE REFERENCE

In the Mad Max movie, I believe it was the second one (the one with Tina Turner), there was a charictar named Master Blaster.  He was a big mofo and there was a little mini man strapped to his back that controled Master Blasters every move.  I wonder if Koftke actually saw a now retired Master Blaster?????

...and you didn't even get an autograph?

#5 2005-03-15 19:47:04

Kofte
Extremely Tall

The pair of women I saw were very jolly. Autographs? They seemed up for about anything yikes  big_smile

#6 2005-03-16 03:45:58

nurse_marcey
Extremely Tall
Height: 6'3"
Website

Wow, Kofte, that is... well, bizarre. 

You sure there wasn't any booze in that coffee you were drinking?   tongue

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e315/nurse_marcey/3.jpg

#7 2005-03-16 04:49:03

spiker074
Quite Tall
Height: 223cm
Website

I know this chick that has some kind of blaster that shoots water but Master Blaster - last time I heard that was listening to Dr Demento show 25 years ago. If that wasn't bizarre enough, this song was called "Bra Size 45". Must say something about my mind to remember the lyrics.....

She wore a bra size 45
and she could shift and shive,
and when she stopped dancing
bits of her kept wobbling about

She said you drive me crazy
lay some rubber on me baby
she got me inside out and outside in
the back seat of my corvair   (it was core something)

I think the last  verse went

She met an old geezer
who had much more chance to please her
with his own  MASTER BLASTER
and a pair of baggy trousers - oh what fun they had

-----
One other song I remember fondly, the Existential Blues:

I am on a quest - TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM

Some girl with psychic powers she says "Tbone, what's your sign?"
I blink and answer "NEON". I think I blew her mind.

There are all these little people, little people all around me. One drinking a bottle
of Yukon Jack strolls up to meand says "Hey Mister, Are You Tall"?
"Yes I'm tall but who are all you weird little wonders with those big red bloodshot eyes?"

"we are the lollipop kids, the lollipop kids, the lolliopop kids,
We are the lollopop kids in munchkin land"

I can handle all you weird little wonders, I don't know Dorothy,I can handle the strange looking woman flying around on a hoover vacuum cleaner screaming "I'm gonna get TOTO too" but I don't even have a dog named toto, this weird little yellow brick road, I've seen stripes in the middle of a road before but never quite this wide. "Ok tuck in your shirt pilgrim and sing like the Duke "Follow the yellow brick road...."

I am on a quest! to see....... the WIZARD

Dave Rasmussen

#8 2005-03-16 13:30:25

Kofte
Extremely Tall

I was in a used bookstore and in the box  "4 for $1"  I found INCIDENT AT EXETER.

It was the "truestory" of a couple who were abducted by aliens about  50 years ago just outside this small  New England town. The town is most famous for an exclusive prep school attended by children of the elite. Back  50 years ago, people in the USA probably got their news from the newspaper, radio and rumor.

The couple went public with their story and spent the rest of their lives being ridiculed by the press and the general population.

The next day after this book discovery I found myself driving through the town where the alien abduction took place.   I stopped at a few  places to ask about the event but most people who would have known about it I was told were dead, including the people who were abducted.

You don't hear much about alien abductions today?  Of course today we get our news from the internet , TV and rumor.

#9 2005-03-17 02:40:19

Archer
Height: 6' 5"
Website

Spiker074,

You triggered some old memories with Dr. Demento. I hadn't thought of him in years. We used to listen to his radio shows while having card games. Remember the old classics like: Dead Puppies, Pencil Neck Geek, The Lumberjack Song and Shaving Cream?  lol

Archer

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/archerev/Links/Stickman2-1.jpg

#10 2005-03-22 14:32:48

Kofte
Extremely Tall

This sure fits under the heading:  strange, bizarre or unexpected,  something very good for free from Harvard University in Cambridge , Mass. yikes

The Harvard art museums, all 3 of them[ all different all good] are FREE every Saturday.  Just get there before noon and you are good to go in all of them all day long!

A cold rainy Saturday, perfect museum weather is a near sure thing in the Boston area.  So all you frugal new englanders and visitors from another place or planets, you can get some culcha and fun for free.  The Harvard Square area has easy access to as many types of bars and restaurants as there are  chances for road rage  and driving hell in the Boston area.

It's a good alternative to the big museum in Boston, The Museum of Fine Arts, where the entrance fee is more than the cost of a feast for 4 in Chinatown-

Native advice: take the Chinatown feast. wink

#11 2005-03-29 16:38:20

Kofte
Extremely Tall

This is a bit bizarre.  I heard about it this morning during a phone conversation.

I can't say it's the tallest manuscript but it is the world's longest manuscript.  Not in number of pages but rather in length-  one continous sheet of paper I'm guessing 60 yards long, the manuscript of the the American writer Jack Kerouac [ from Lowell, Massachusetts ] for his novel On The Road.  Kerouac didn't want to stop to change the paper in his typewriter [  written in around 1950] so he used a roll of teletype [?] paper.  His novel around 300 pages is just one long long sheet of paper.

What's more bizarre the owner of the indianapolis Colts bought this original manuscript for around 1 million dollars [ Kerouac during his life was lucky to have $20 in his pocket]  Fame too often comes after death- Kerouac died over 20 years ago.

The owner has planned a USA tour of the "longest Manuscript."  Most recently it was shown the University of Iowa.

What's true not unexpected, Kerouac's writing has influenced numerous writers throughout the world .  In addition his writing has influenced American culture in a major way.

#12 2005-04-05 13:26:04

Kofte
Extremely Tall

This fact has been confirmed to me this winter. wink

It is amazing how many tall people, especially women, live in Maine. yikes

Plus there is an extraordinary number of women with red hair.  I'm sure about the color because I looked them over with and without my sun glasses on. lol

#13 2005-04-06 21:56:09

Archer
Height: 6' 5"
Website

Plus there is an extraordinary number of women with red hair. I'm sure about the color because I looked them over with and without my sun glasses on. laugh.gif

Are you sure you got a good look? I could help if you want to send photos. B)

Archer

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/archerev/Links/Stickman2-1.jpg

#14 2005-04-07 12:08:52

Sixft9
Extremely Tall
Height: 6'9"
Website

It is amazing how many tall people, especially women, live in Maine.

I'll be in Bridgeton Maine this weekend, we'll see about that. 

NO honey I'm not looking at other women....

#15 2005-04-09 23:38:10

Kofte
Extremely Tall

Ah photos. Archer thanks, but photos on the internet spells trouble for women in isolation of Northern New England.  You'll just have to jump on that bike and come see them.

In Canada, Nova Scotia, according to the local folks is the real home to North American redheads! wink

Sixft9 happy hunting yikes only in the social science sense. wink Try to get to Portland and follow the coast through Nh to Mass- many a tall lass to meet but only for research for the literary world for you- marriage is a great thing .

#16 2005-04-14 03:28:04

nurse_marcey
Extremely Tall
Website

In Canada, Nova Scotia, according to the local folks is the real home to North American redheads!

Well, I'm not from Nova Scotia.  wink

#17 2005-04-15 23:10:41

Kofte
Extremely Tall

Hey Marcey , maybe you didn't,but maybe from those olden days in your family maybe some of those ancestors came from old scotia or Scotland wink

#18 2005-04-16 12:22:24

Josephinea197
Quite Tall
Website

So in the US the tall women are supposed to be in Maine?
(where they speak almost British wink

here in the Netherlands they are supposed to be in
Friesland and Groningen in the north.
I met  one from Groningen my height
and she found the women in the Hague Short! *lol*
so there there must be quite many six footers...

*smile*
Josephine

#19 2005-04-20 02:48:51

nurse_marcey
Extremely Tall
Website

Hey Marcey , maybe you didn't,but maybe from those olden days in your family maybe some of those ancestors came from old scotia or Scotland

As far as I know, most of my ancestors came from Ireland.  Yet, I have this strange aversion to Lucky Charms.

#20 2005-04-20 09:56:39

Mr.Gigantism
Website

Haha Josephine. Ik kom dus uit de provincie met de langen tongue, Friesland.

smile

#21 2005-04-20 14:42:06

skyhigh
Very Tall
Website

Mr.Gigantism,Apr 20 2005, 04:56 AM wrote:

Friesland.

smile

Ahh... I want to live on the Chocolateland. Friesland sounds too oily  roll  tongue  lol

Blessed

#22 2005-04-20 20:15:17

Josephinea197
Quite Tall
Website

is that something in american linguistics?
what has fries with oil to do?

*confused*
Josephine

#23 2005-04-20 20:30:27

skyhigh
Very Tall
Website

Friesland.. I had no clue what Mr G told you but I recongnized words "Fries" and "Land". Put them together and it is almost like a "Dreamland" or whatever land one want. I chose "Chocolate" and "Land" placed together ended up as a dream place such as "CHocolateland" which is filled with chocolates. Just a joke, Josephine, I was not trying to make fun of your language. I admire your knowledge of so many languages wink

Blessed

#24 2005-04-20 20:44:24

Josephinea197
Quite Tall
Website

ok. Sky, I just tried to understand the linguistics
in the joke, that was all smile
Dutch is my fifth language I learn, but the third
I speak best - my mothertongue is Swedish.

There are so many words and sayings
in ordinary spoken language that is never
printed in any dictionnary,
and references to old films, books, songs...

I'm slowly stepping into the world of famous
Dutch people - a whole new universe of faces
and stories by wich only a very few also are known
abroad (like popstar Anouk or swim-star Inge de Bruijn)

15 million people on an area only a fourth of
the size of Sweden.

Josephine

#25 2005-04-20 20:59:04

skyhigh
Very Tall
Website

Josephinea197,Apr 20 2005, 03:44 PM wrote:

ok. Sky, I just tried to understand the linguistics
in the joke, that was all smile

Oh darn, I was hoping to involve you into the catfight wink Two redheads and blonde (thx BnB for blowing my cover  lol ) plus a redhead referee. I mean.. there is a lot of money to be made with this kind of combination  tongue

Blessed

Board footer