Tall Talk

Online Community for Tall People - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-06 12:53:06

jheri
Extremely Tall
Height: 190 cm

a book recommendation

There isn't much activity, but a very tall friend of mine has just published her first book on bullying.   Here's my quick review

My friend Uche just published her first book.  She's dreamt of writing and has done things like magazine articles, but this has been a huge goal for her and it was a hard path.  She's also very tall - taller than me - and had to deal with serious bullying and  then depression.  She overcame it and is a sweet and wonderful person.  I wrote a little review and pass it on in case you are interested or know someone who may be.  The Kindle version is very inexpensive.

Jheri

____

Uche Nnoka is one of us.  She's a very tall woman who had to deal with bullying as a teen and then had to deal with the low-esteem that followed.  She overcame it and has a passion for helping others as well as dealing with bullying when it happens.

Her first book  "Don't Let the Bullies Ruin Your Life" has just been published. She begins with her story and how she finally sorted out how to deal with it and the depression it brought and then goes into the problem and how anyone can deal with it.

There are a lot of books on the subject, but her approach is taking matters into your own hands and what to try in different situations.  I think it is particularly useful for teens who get conflicting messages, and for those who have had to deal with longer term problems like depression.  In particular it should be good for tall women.  Some bullying is for no apparent reason, but some is focused on something about you  - something like your height.  If you keep getting bullied on that, you might come to think something is wrong with you and that can lead to depression.  A lot of us manage to get over that and move on, but some don't.  And for those who are being bullied it would be nice to give them the tools so they don't internalize it.

I think her advice is very good.  The book is short and very readable and it is quite inexpensive as an ebook.  You can find it on Amazon and Apple's iBookstore and probably other places.  She has just started a site and blog that you can visit at

http://www.uchennoka.com

here is the Amazon link for the US, where most of you are

http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Bullies-Ruin … amp;sr=1-1

So if you want to support one of us and get some good advice, pick up a copy:-)

#2 2016-01-18 02:43:29

DosMetros
Vertically Gifted
Height: 6'6" or 1.98
Website

Re: a book recommendation

Thanks jheri for the post and the good information.  Sounds like a good read for anyone, especially those going through a difficult time in their life.  Last year I finally got around to reading "Don Quijote de la Mancha: by Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra. Don Quijote dealt with adversity in his own way, or the way he thought them to be from all the books of Chivalry that he had read from his home library.   What a great book, two parts, the second one published ten years after the first one.  A book written about 400 years ago, but as interesting and humorous as if it was written today.

Nobody is as smart as everybody

Board footer