Tall Talk

Online Community for Tall People - you have to see it for yourself.

You are not logged in.

#51 2009-06-27 18:22:43

"Bad News" Bob
Height: 192.25cm

Re: Neat Stuff !

Do you believe in reincarnation? Watch this little > MoonWalking bird and you might.

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.

#52 2009-06-27 20:07:27

Archer
Height: 6' 5"
Website

Thanks, Bob. I think maybe I do now believe in reincarnation. I just had a good laugh with my son who was watching with me. smile

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/archerev/Links/Stickman2-1.jpg

#53 2009-06-28 10:42:23

LT-1
Vertically Gifted
Height: 6'3"
Website

That was the cutest thing EVER!

~It isn't breathing that determines whether you are living or not. - Rev. Sam~

#54 2009-06-28 17:01:19

Sooner
Vertically Gifted
Height: 5'11"
Website

Dave  Barry's colonoscopy  journal.

> I  called my friend Andy Sable, a gastroenterologist, to make an  appointment for a colonoscopy. 
> A  few days later, in his office, Andy showed me a color diagram of the  colon, a lengthy organ that appears to go all over the place, at  onepoint  passing briefly through Minneapolis. 
> Then,  Andy explained the colonoscopy procedure to me in a thorough, reassuring  and patient manner. 
> I  nodded thoughtfully, but I didn't really hear anything he said, because my  brain was shrieking, quote,
> 'HE'S  GOING TOSTICK  A TUBE 17,000 FEETUP  YOUR BEHIND!'
> I  left Andy's office with some  writteninstructions,  and aprescription  for a product called 'MoviPrep,' which comes in a box large enough to hold  a microwaveoven. 
> I  will discuss MoviPrep in detail  later,for  now suffice it to say that wemust  never allow it to fall into the hands of  America 's  enemies.
> I  spent the next several days  productivelysitting  around being nervous. 
> Then,  on the day before my  colonoscopy, I  began my preparation. 
> In  accordancewith  my instructions, I didn't eat any solid food that day; all I had was  chicken broth, which is basically water, only with less  flavour. 
> Then,  in the evening, I took the  MoviPrep. 
> You  mix two packets of powder  togetherin a  one-litter Plasticjug,  then youfill  it with lukewarm  water.
> (For  those unfamiliar with the metric  system,a  litter is about 32 gallons.)
> Then,  you have to drink thewhole  jug. 
> This  takes about an hour, because MoviPrep tastes - and here I am being kind -  like a mixture of goat spit and urinal cleanser, with just a hint of  lemon.
> The  instructions for MoviPrep, clearly written by somebody with a great sense  of humour,state  that after you drink it, 'a  loose, watery bowel movement may result.' 
> This  is kind of like saying that after you jump off your roof,  youmay  experience contactwith  the ground.
> MoviPrep  is a nuclear laxative.
> I  don't want to be too graphic, here, but:  have you ever seen a  space-shuttle launch? 
> This  is pretty much the MoviPrep  experience,with  you as theshuttle.
> There  are times when you wish the  commodehad  a seat belt. 
> You  spend several hours pretty much  confinedto  the bathroom, spurting  violently. 
> You  eliminate everything.
> And  then, when you figure you must be totally empty, you have to drink another  litter of MoviPrep, at which point, as far as I can tell, your  bowelstravel  into the future and start eliminating food that you have not even eaten  yet.
> After  an action-packed evening, Ifinally  got to sleep. 
> The  next morning, my wife droveme  to the clinic. 
> I  was very nervous. 
> Not  only was I worried about the procedure, but I had been experiencing  occasionalreturn  bouts of MoviPrep spurt age. 
> I  was thinking, 'What  if I spurt on Andy?' 
> How  do you apologize to a friend for  somethinglike  that? 
> Flowerswould  notbe  enough.
> At  the clinic I had to sign many forms acknowledging that I  understoodand  totally agreed with whatever the heck the forms said. 
> Then,  they led me to a room full of other colonoscopy people, where I went  inside a little curtained space and took off my clothes and put on one of  those hospital garments designed by sadist  perverts,the  kind that, when you put it on, makes you feel  evenmore  naked than when you are actually  naked.
> Then,  a nurse named Eddie put a little needle in a  veinin  my left hand. 
> Ordinarily,  I would have fainted, but Eddie was very good, and I was already  lyingdown. 
> Eddie  also told me that some people put vodka in their  MoviPrep. 
> At  first, I was ticked off that I hadn't thought of this is, but then I  pondered what would happen if you got yourself  too  tipsy to make it to the bathroom, so you were staggering around in full  fire hose mode. 
> You  would have no choice but toburn  your house.
> When  everything was ready, Eddie wheeled me into the procedure room, where  Andywas  waiting with a nurse and an anesthesiologist. 
> I  did not see the 17,000-foot tube, but I  knewAndy  had it hidden around there somewhere. 
> I  was seriously nervous atthis  point. 
> Andy  had me roll over on my left side and the anesthesiologist began  hookingsomething  up to the needle in my hand. 
> There  was music playing in the room, and I realized that the song was 'Dancing  Queen'by  ABBA. 
> I  remarked to Andy that, of all the songs that could be playing during  this particular  procedure, 'Dancing  Queen'had  to be the least appropriate.
> 'You  want me to turn it up?'said Andy, from somewhere behind me.
> 'Ha  ha,'Isaid. 
> And  then, it was time, the moment I had been dreading for more than a  decade. 
> If  you are squeamish, prepare yourself, because I am going to tell you, in  explicitdetail,exactly  what it was like.
> I  have noidea. 
> Really. 
> I  slept throughit. 
> One  moment, ABBAwas  yelling 'Dancing  Queen, feel  the beat of the tambourine,'and  the next moment, I was back in the other room, waking up in a  verymellow  mood. 
> Andy  was looking down at me and  askingme  how I felt. 
> I  felt excellent. 
> I  felt even more excellent when Andy told me that It was all over, and  thatmy  colon had passed with flying colors. 
> I  have never been prouderofan  internal organ.
> ABOUT  THEWRITER:
> Dave  Barry is a Pulitzer Prize-winning humorcolumnist  for the MiamiHerald.

> On  the subject ofColonoscopies...
> Colonoscopies  are no joke, but these comments during the exam  werequite  humorous.....
> A  physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his  patients (predominatelymale)  while he was performing their  colonoscopies:
> 1.  'Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly  goingwhere  no man has gone before!
> 2.  'Find Amelia Earhartyet?'
> 3.  'Can you hear meNOW?'
> 4.  'Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there  yet?'
> 5.  'You know, in  Arkansas,we'renow  legally married.'
> 6.  'Any sign of the trapped miners,  Chief?'
> 7.  'You put your left hand in; you  takeyour  left handout...'
> 8.  'Hey! Now I know howa  Muppetfeels!'
> 9.  'If your hand doesn't fit, you must  quit!
> 10.  'Hey Doc, let me know ifyou  findmy  dignity.'
> 11.  'You used to be an executiveat  Enron, didn't you?'
> 12.  'God, now I know whyIam  notgay.'
> And  the best oneof  all.
> 13.  'Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up  there?' 
>
>
>       
>

Sooner

#55 2009-08-06 01:08:02

"Bad News" Bob

First, let me preface this link, by saying consider it's source. The author is not insulting Andre the Giant, but actually holds him in very high regard. I thought everyone here might appreciate looking through a window into > Andre's world.

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.

#56 2009-08-06 23:37:45

"Bad News" Bob

If you're going to try to recreate this stunt you had better know a lot more than just simple mathematics. > Unbelievable Stunt

#57 2009-08-07 00:45:01

Archer
Website

Cool! Where can you get those waterslides?

#58 2009-08-13 00:56:14

Archer
Website

Bob, I thought you might be interested in this.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/archerev/boatrace.jpg
A boater races across Raccoon Lake at the National Boat Racing Association Long Course National Championships. WJBDradio.com photo by Garrett Ford.

Raccoon Lake is on the East side of Centralia, IL where I work and about ten miles from where I live.

#59 2009-08-13 04:57:50

"Bad News" Bob

Arch, the first boat I ever owned was a C stock hydroplane. Imagine for a moment if you will, a surfboard with a 25hp Mercury outboard motor driven in the prone position. Although the engine on mine had a bit more than 25hp; well, more like 35hp. Anyway, it would run around sixty-five miles per hour and was very exciting at that speed. Me, the boat and motor combined only weighed about four hundred and fifty pounds. Thank God for kill switches, because I lost count of the number of times I got bounced out of that dammed thing. Looking back thirty three years later I'm probably lucky to be alive.

Here's a > Modern Day C Stock Hydro in action.

#60 2009-11-12 13:45:31

"Bad News" Bob

This is one for you Arch. They say practice makes perfect; so how much practice would you need before being able to do > This.

#61 2009-11-12 14:15:29

Sooner
Vertically Gifted
Website

That is amazing Bob, sent that out to some hunting friends of mine.

Everyone should see that and see what people are capable of with work and practice.

Thanks

Sooner

#62 2009-11-13 01:20:05

Archer
Website

Thanks for that post. The kid's good. Here is a trivia question for anyone. 1,000 TallTalk points if you can tell me what type of arrows he uses for the clay targets.

#63 2009-11-13 01:29:46

Sooner
Vertically Gifted
Website

Clay piercing arrows

Sooner

#64 2009-11-13 05:13:43

BadKarma
Extremely Tall
Height: 6'6"
Website

I know what arrows I would use: 1-1/8 oz of #8 shot with a muzzle velocity of 1200 FPS. Out of my Browning Superposed.

I'm so much cooler online.
Brad Paisley

#65 2009-11-14 23:00:24

Archer
Website

Sooner gets five points for at least using the word arrow in a sentence.

BadKarma gets negative five points for cheating by using a firearm.

The correct answer is "Flu-flu arrows." Flu-flus have longer, over-sized vanes or feathers to slow their flight down. This helps prevent losing arrows on missed shots. Flu-flus were designed for bird hunting as well as aerial target shooting.

#66 2009-11-17 01:49:10

DosMetros
Vertically Gifted
Height: 6'6" or 1.98
Website

Wait, I was going to guess the Flu-flu arrows.  Can I still win the prize?  Just kidding, never would have hotten that answer, but like the name thou.

Nobody is as smart as everybody

#67 2009-11-17 02:24:28

LT-1
Vertically Gifted
Height: 6'3"
Website

I knew it was Flu Flu's - jeesh! What's wrong with you guys? Everyone knows that. Arch, thanks for the points ;-)

~It isn't breathing that determines whether you are living or not. - Rev. Sam~

#68 2009-11-17 19:00:17

"Bad News" Bob

Arch, the YMCA camp near where CJ grew up has an Archery golf course. I've seen the arrows they use for that, but I didn't know what they were called until now.

#69 2009-11-17 22:08:20

Sooner
Vertically Gifted
Website

Archer wrote:

Sooner gets five points for at least using the word arrow in a sentence.

BadKarma gets negative five points for cheating by using a firearm.

The correct answer is "Flu-flu arrows." Flu-flus have longer, over-sized vanes or feathers to slow their flight down. This helps prevent losing arrows on missed shots. Flu-flus were designed for bird hunting as well as aerial target shooting.

Five points sucks!

I put alot of mental effort in that.

Sooner

#70 2009-11-18 00:48:25

Archer
Website

Sooner, your effort did pay off. You are plus five for an incomplete answer. BK is negative five. I'll give you 5 more points if you know the name of the arrow part that connects with the bowstring.

#71 2009-11-18 00:52:27

Sooner
Vertically Gifted
Website

A nock. I am a member of the Cherokee tribe.

1000 pts?

Sooner

#72 2009-11-18 01:13:39

Archer
Website

Sooner wrote:

A nock. I am a member of the Cherokee tribe.

1000 pts?

It was an easy one, you get five points. I'll give you the other 995 for being a member of the Cherokee tribe. I had a g grandmother that was Native American.

#73 2009-11-18 01:28:38

Sooner
Vertically Gifted
Website

Thanks, on the rolls of the Chickasaws too. Another 995 pts?

I'll pass Boo!

Sooner

#74 2009-11-19 00:20:38

DosMetros
Vertically Gifted
Height: 6'6" or 1.98
Website

You may not need the extra points to pass Boo, where is she anyway?

Nobody is as smart as everybody

#75 2009-11-19 00:50:24

Sooner
Vertically Gifted
Website

Comes and goes

Sooner

Board footer